Thursday, December 24, 2009

Central Coast Classic show - so much fun!

So - I'm playing major catch up here!

September 12-13 we were at the Central Coast Classic show in Santa Maria, CA. This show is a lot of fun - its held on the grass, and has a great family atmosphere. They always sponsor a fun barn party Saturday night (this year we celebrated the laureado of DR El Patron), and its just general great fun! I always show out of the trailer - its only 30 minutes from home so that's easier for me. We set up "camp" on the grass next to the arena and just tie horses to the trailer.

This year my Dad and Yvonne came down. Dad was going to show again! I had him ride one of my mares RDD Flora y Fauna. Shes a great big powerful mare and she looks just great with my Dad. He hadn't shown since his stallion died, 11 years ago was the last time he showed. My good friends Dianna Whisenant, Nicole Pichel & Luke Schwartz also came to help.

Friday night we were bathing horses and packing the final things in the trailer. I decided at the complete last minute to bring my old man, RDS Fastigio, out of retirement. He's 17 and hasn't shown since he was 8 years old - hes a great trail horse that anyone can ride. He did very well in his younger years, winning several Champion of Champions and High Point Versatility awards. So - Saturday am off we go with a full trailer! Fauna, KLP Sedona and RDS Fastigio! Fastigio made a great return to the show arena - even beating Coronado in one of the Champion of Champions! MCD Coronado+ went directly to the Champion of Champions Classes for Sunday afternoon. It was pretty neat to be the owner of both horses in the Ch. of Ch. class!

We had such a good time and I am so thankful for my friends and family for their support and help in the show season! Come Sunday afternoon, with all 4 horses qualified for the championship classes, we were really busy tacking, grooming, cleaning, etc. It all paid off with great results and we had a great party after the show to celebrate back at my house.


All in all we had a fablous show!
RDD Flora y Fauna - ridden by Mike Powers
1st Mares 4-6 Breeding

KLP Sedona

2nd Mares Amateur Performance
2nd Open Performance Attire

RDS Fastigio

1st Open Performance Stallions
1st Amateur Performance Stallions
Champion Open Performance Stallion
Champion Amateur Performance Stallion
Champion of Champions Amateur Performance Stallion!!!

MCD Coronado+
Champion of Champions Performance Stallion

No comments: